Monday, May 12, 2008

A Blustery Bethlehem Show

I finished up a 2-day show in Bethlehem, Pa and the weather was less than cooperative. On Saturday it was very cold, especially for May, and on Sunday the wind kicked up for most of the day. For most artists the wind was mostly a nuisance, but for some with weaker tents and/or fragile items like pottery it was more than that. A few pieces were lost, but fortunately not many.

Some of my newer pieces were enjoyed by many, and purchased by a few. And being the first show of the year I sometimes forget how much of the day is filled with entertaining conversations - the stories and anecdotes that my visitor's freely share enhance the experience of selling my work.

The mesh walls I use have many nice features, but handling the wind is not one of them. The walls push back and forth in the wind - as well do the frames. But I think because I kept the sidewalls up all day the wind was not able to lift the frames up and bounce them around as much. I only adjusted them once later in the day on Sunday.

My next show comes right up on Sunday the 18th in Newtown, Pa (raindate is June 1).

I have attached some booth photos below to give you an idea of what I was presenting.







No comments: