Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy Spring

As I've said before I've found winter to be difficult photographically. I'm glad to have spring upon us.

I've decided to purchase a bird feeder for our yard. I enjoy photographing birds, and I thought it would give me a lot more opportunities if I could set up my equipment in my backyard instead of driving to parks and nature centers.

Near the feeder I have set-up a larch branch that has fallen in the trees behind our house. This will serve as a natural-looking perch on which to photographs the birds.

Here is one the early visitors. He and his friends sometimes like to take a big seed and fly away quickly, but other times they stick around for a while. I was surprised to find that the birds have taken to this feeder so quickly. I'm sure I'll have many nice new birds images this year.

No comments: