Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Drama over Estes Park

We're two days into our Colorado vacation and so far it's been very enjoyable. We've spent these days driving and hiking our way through the Rocky Mountain National Park. I have a lot of great photos already, and I'll share them as time goes on.

But last night we were treated to an awesome lightning storm which rolled in suddenly just before sunset and lasted a couple of hours. Fortunately our motel provided a great vantage point for photographing this storm, which approached Estes Park from the east. It didn't seem to move much, so I had many good chances to capture the lightning.

This shot below was taken later in the storm, and since it had gotten dark I was able to stop down the shutter and make a 30-second exposure. I took many such exposures and got a few good shots.



Website: Photography by Matt Schrier

No comments: