Saturday, August 15, 2009

Summer Morning

I don't chase sunsets so much any more, but I do chase sunrises on occasion, or at least the post-sunrise sunlight. There are a few personal reasons for this. I believe sunsets look great with some other beautiful landscape scene for the sunset to accentuate, especially a water feature. And we don't have a lot of those in our area. Also, as beautiful as they can be, sunsets are quite common. So if I'm picking some time out of my schedule to spend photographing I'd like to work on subjects that are more unique.

As for morning light, I often find interesting things happening. Such as fog or animal activity. Also many people aren't up in the early morning hours, so the scenes I find are often very surprising to people. I like my chances of having the images being more impactive and unusual.

In the photo below the sun had been up for a while, but the fog had not yet cleared. This is the time when I find very dramatic images.

2 comments:

U+Me=Us said...

Beautiful picture. I agree with your comments on the early morning hours, its nice to be up early watching all the activity that the rest of the world is usually sleeping through. I particularly love the how the sun beams reflect through the morning dew in the air

Judith Polakoff said...

Yes, you're absolutely right about the two hours or so after sun-up, as this photo demonstrates. The dew on the leaves, the sun burning through the fog, etc., make for some very unique photo opportunities. Lovely shot!