Thursday, February 4, 2010

Snow Zen

Although my style mainly consists of color nature and scenic images, I also like to see what I can do with black and white. The exploration of form and expression within a photograph is often referred to as Zen. This is my own off-the-cuff description - it is not really possible to get a specific description because its one of those things whereby "You just know it when you see it".

We received a little bit of snow a few days ago, and I found myself outside with my macro lens photographing a neighbor's tree. The close-up shots I made were interesting, but I also tried to explore the form of the tree. Even though most of this shot of the small section of branch is out-of-focus, I feel it does a good job in representing the form of the tree and conveying the contrast between the stark coldness of the wintry snow and the new growth at the end of the branch. My own attempt at Zen.



Main Website: Photography by Matt Schrier

 

No comments: