Sunday, April 1, 2012

Flowers of Spring

It's still very early in spring, although we have already have our share of summer-like weather in the northeast U.S. There is always a sequence to the blooming of flowers: Crocuses, daffodils, tulips, forsythia bushes, magnolia trees, cherry trees, then small wildflowers, then onto the larger trees and flowering plants. I'm generalizing, but that's what I see as I drive around the neighborhoods in my area.

At my local nature center there is not much blooming except for a few types of small wildflowers. They are no more than 10 inches off the ground at this point, so I had to employ my tripod that adjusts for low-level shooting (and of course I was using my macro lens). Here are a few examples of the kinds of shots I was getting - adjusted with Adobe Lightroom.





Main Website: Photography by Matt Schrier

No comments: