Saturday, June 21, 2008

Turn Around

It's amazing what you'll find if you just TURN AROUND. Especially in the morning and evening. Even when an area looks completely devoid of interesting shots, the angle of the sun may be creating a fantastic scene that you just can't see, because you're looking the in the wrong direction. You me even be standing right in the middle of it and not even know.

For the image below I was bound to see it, because even though I "missed" it driving into Tyler Park on a recent morning, the same road was also my only exit. As an added benefit the rain from the night before continued to fall from the trees in bunches, which added a new dimension in the sunbeams streaming through the trees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt,

I had a "turn around" moment like that over 10 years ago that resulted in me making my favorite landscape image. When working in early morning light, I agree with you 100% - you have to think in 360degrees.