Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Not a Fan of HDR

Every time I look at an HDR image, I am reminded (at this stage in my photographic life anyway) that I don't like them. Most of them seem unrealistic to me. I'm all for artistic expression, but they're just not for me. So don't expect to see them form me for a while.

By the way, HDR = High Dynamic Range. It is a technique where you take multiple exposures of the same image, feed them into a software program, adjust various settings, and the output is an image that limited/controlled contrast. The very dark areas are not black, and the very bright areas are not pure white (i.e. blown out). This is a useful technique in some circumstances, but the result is often lacking in the contrast that often makes an image interesting.

I'm not posting an image (you can do a google search instead) because I don't want it to look like I'm putting down a specific person's work.

'Nuf said, for now.

No comments: