Thursday, July 17, 2008

Southern California

We just spent 8 days in the San Diego and Los Angeles areas. Our main destination was San Diego, but we decided to throw in a couple of days that included Disneyland and Hollywood.

San Diego is a downright beautiful area. The coastline alternates between cliffs and beaches for miles on end. Small towns like La Jolla are tourist-magnets. In this town after you find a parking spot, which is quite difficult, you can stroll the cliffs, watch the seals, snorkle, kayak, surf, picnic, play in the sand, shop, etc., etc. There's just so much to do. I'm already planning our next trip there, maybe in a few years.

Below is one of my favorite images from the trip. It was taken along Sunset Cliffs, aptly named.

2 comments:

Gloria Dee Chaput said...

I love this shot! I count myself lucky if I even get one great scenic shot while on vacation with the family. Good job and thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

La Jolla was a fantastic place to shoot. I want to go back just to shoot some more. Me and the 100 other photographers that are there on any given day. I think out of about 400 shots my one day in La Jolla I must have got 15 4/5 pics and at least 5 5/5.

Awesome