Sunday, July 6, 2008

Golden

Although development has encroached on many areas of Bucks County, there are still many, many farms operating in the area. In the summer that means lots of corn. But also I've been drawn to the golden color of wheat fields. I originally thought these plants might simply be grass, which is typically used as hay for various farm needs. But to my surprise these are wheat fields, a crop I did not know were grown in this area.

I've tried to capture these plants in some interesting ways. Although the individual stalks have interesting shapes I was originally drawn to the repetitive nature of the plants and size of the fields as I would drive or bike by them. In the image below I tried to capture that feeling of a large field, yet limit focus to the patterns in the foreground. The smaller size of this image does not do justice (I think) to what it will look printed.

No comments: