Monday, September 8, 2008

Calendar Contest

I received some good news that one of my photos has been selected for my company's 2009 corporate calendar. Honeywell is a company with over 120,000 employees worldwide, and the corporate calendar is created using submissions from its employees. The process this year included a voting component, in which employees could vote on images that passed an initial screening/selection process.

My image of a female cardinal was chosen for the month of December. I submitted this image because I felt it would work well as a calendar photo: Simple composition, clear subject, nice color. I like the range of colors in the female cardinal more than the male which is pretty much all red. Apparently the voters agreed with me.

Although there is no cash award (which I admit would be nice) I will receive a plaque and a number of complimentary copies of the calendar. Want one?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to have a calendar. IEnjoy your photography very much.