Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dandy Doylestown

OK, that title is lame, but true.

Despite having the first day of the 2-day Doylestown Fine Arts Festival completely rained out by tropical storm Hanna, the second day was downright wonderful. Almost perfect weather. Very good crowds. Lots of interest in my work (that's the best part).

Doing the art-show "circuit" is a tough life, and I'm glad I only do it part time, i.e. I don't need to pay bills with it. Setting up and tearing down is hard work. Dealing with bad weather is downright nasty. Etc, etc. I constantly wonder whether it's worth it to continue. But the show today makes me realize how satisfying and fun it can be.

My next show is in three weeks, in Hew Hope, Pa. I truly hope we get a great weekend for this show - I think I deserve it. This will be my first year there, so I'm curious to see how the crowds there will take to my work.

No comments: